Re: \path in markup dashed line

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: \path in markup dashed line
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 19:12:01 -0800

Sending to mailing list for visibility...

On 2021-01-27 5:37 pm, Dimitris Marinakis wrote:
For some reason in both of my systems (Mac & PC), tested with all recent
versions, this code only works correctly in 2.19.xx . With the other
versions only the default path gets displayed. All the dashed ones
disappear.
What would cause such behaviour?

Changes to how outputters work it would seem. Adding a custom stencil command requires different work:

%%%%
% #(module-define! (resolve-module '(scm output-ps))
%   'dashed-path dashed-path-ps)

#(let* ((module (resolve-module '(scm output-ps)))
        (alist (module-ref module 'stencil-dispatch-alist '())))
  (module-define! module 'stencil-dispatch-alist
   (acons 'dashed-path dashed-path-ps alist)))
%%%%

As shown above, replace the logic that defines dashed-path as a procedure within the output-ps module instead with logic that appends a new dispatch entry.

With that, I was able to use 2.22.0 and compile my original code otherwise unchanged.

-- Aaron Hill