Re: LilyPond 2.22.0 exits with an error if DEBUG option is not given

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.22.0 exits with an error if DEBUG option is not given
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 09:20:05 +0100

Am Sonntag, dem 31.01.2021 um 16:10 +0900 schrieb 田村淳:
> Dear List.
>
> LilyPond 2.22.0 exits with error for one of my projects.
>

> Starting lilypond 2.22.0 [RV_381+BWV_980_score.ly]...
> Processing `/Users/tamura/Documents/LilyPond/Vivaldi RV 381 + Bach BWV
> 980/RV_381+BWV_980_score.ly'
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music...
> Exited with return code 11.
>

> In order to obtain more information, I used —log=DEBUG (in Frescobaldi
> “Engrave (custom)…”. Then the project compiled fine with no error.

Hm, very weird. Are you sure that both compilations used the very same
path, ie maybe the working one uses a wrapper script that sets some
'magic' environment variables needed to find the right libraries?

Also, can you reproduce this on the command line, outside of
Frescobaldi? If this happens also in a terminal, the next step would be
to get a stacktrace so that we can see where it's crashing. Are you
familiar with a debugger to get such information?

Jonas