Re: Code Max length

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Code Max length
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2021 14:59:11 +0100

Am Mi., 3. Feb. 2021 um 14:30 Uhr schrieb Ludovic Teysseire
<ludovic.teysseire@hotmail.fr>:

> Dear lilypond community,
>
> I recently started coding a piano score on Lilypond version 2.20.0 comprised
> of roughly 250 bars. However, I have been unable to input anything after a
> while. It seems that I can change the code however I want as long as I do no
> exceed 28,072 characters.
>
> Could you help me find out if there really is a limit on the number of
> characters we can input per project ? Otherwise, could you please tell me how
> I can input a score without dividing the piece ?
>
> I believe that variables won't help me save more space.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Ludovic.

Hi,

there's definitly no max length for ly-files.
You may run out of memory on your computer, though, mostly with a
32-bit windows system.

I'd offer you send me the file(s) privately and I'll take a look.
Because I own a weak laptop, I learned to optimize things ...

Ofcourse I can't warrant success. Furthermore I'm on Linux, perhaps my
results (if any) will not be portable.

Worth a try, though.

I'm at work currently, so it will last half a day before I could start...

Cheers,
  Harm