Re: SMuFL Adoption

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: SMuFL Adoption
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 18:53:32 +0100

Le 12/02/2021 à 16:48, Garap Magu a écrit :

Dear LilyPond Users,

Hello, I had a question about Lilypond input files.

I saw on the Google Summer of Code page that SMuFL adoption was planned.

Would this change the syntax of Lilypond input files?

I’m new to Lilypond and am not familiar with what SMuFL adoption would mean to
end users.

Thank you in advance for any information you may be able to provide.

Best,

Parag
—
Parag Magunia

https://lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html

Hello,

SMuFL support would not change input syntax. It
is about allowing the use of many alternative music
notation fonts that follow this standard.

There was a blog post on Scores of Beauty explaining
the project; unfortunately that website is down at
the moment. Meanwhile, you can read

  lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html

In CC is Owen Lamb, the student who undertook
this effort.

Regards,
Jean