Re: Combine custom flared-hairpin with text at right edge hairpin

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Combine custom flared-hairpin with text at right edge hairpin
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 12:30:59 +0100

Am Di., 9. Feb. 2021 um 18:26 Uhr schrieb Dimitris Marinakis
<dtsmarin02@gmail.com>:

> I need the ability to place a symbol/text at the right edge of a hairpin.
> I love using a modified version of the hairpin stencil that allows for flared
> hairpins that have a niente circle at the tip. (the default doesn't).
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/3357/
>
> I've found another snippet that uses a modified version of that code but
> unfortunately it breaks all of the other cool functions of the script.
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=947
>
> Can someone more experienced with Scheme help me combine them?
>
> Dimitris

I don't think the snippets you've found need to be extended.
Define some custom dynamic-scripts and start using them:

%% include the code from https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/3357/

%% perdendosi
pd = #(make-dynamic-script #{ \markup \normal-text \italic "pd." #})
%% dal niente
dn = #(make-dynamic-script #{ \markup \normal-text \italic "dn." #})

{
  \override Hairpin.stencil = #flared-hairpin
  c'4\dn \< c'2 c'4 \!
  c'4 \> c'2 c'4 \pd
  c'4\dn \< c'2 c'4
  \break