Re: spurious partial in 2nd repeat abc->ly

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: spurious partial in 2nd repeat abc->ly
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:38:53 +0000

From: lilypond-user <lilypond-user-bounces+carl.d.sorensen=gmail.com@gnu.org> on behalf of Joe McCool <tangent.gardner@googlemail.com>
Date: Friday, February 19, 2021 at 10:21 AM
To: "lilypond-user@gnu.org" <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Subject: spurious partial in 2nd repeat abc->ly

Please, I cannot understand what I am doing wrong.  When I compile the ly file, I get a spurious partial in the 2nd alternative of the 2nd part.

You only have 5/8 worth of notes in the last measure of the 2nd alternative of the second part: 1 1/8 notes and 1 ΒΌ note.

Why do you consider this spurious? To me, the  spurious thing is the fact that the first ending of the second repeat contains a full bar, rather than only 5/8 worth of notes.

Perhaps your alternatives are misordered?

Carl