Re: Workaround for (not-allowed) numbers in variable names?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Workaround for (not-allowed) numbers in variable names?
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 15:29:38 +0100

Silvain Dupertuis <silvain-dupertuis@bluewin.ch> writes:

> I still checked this use of variable with numbers.
> *Wonderful to see that it works.*
>
> One important note, though:
> If you use a numbered variable, _you cannot use the same variable
> without an additional number_.

gamme.1 is not a variable name.  It takes gamme to be an alist, and the
entry under key 1 is what is addressed here.

You can equivalently write gamme . #(- 3 2) for example.

In contrast, "gamme1" (referenced as \"gamme1") _is_ a single variable
name.

As to converting numbers to roman numerals: what is wrong with

#(format #f "~@r" 547)

?

--
David Kastrup