Re: MIDI input [was Re: Nested transposition]

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: MIDI input [was Re: Nested transposition]
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 11:53:51 -0400

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 9:14 PM Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Hi Carl!

>> My music entry is done 99% by MIDI input, so I type almost no commas or apostrophes.
> Can you tell me how you do your MIDI input?  I'd like to do that, but I don't have a good workflow for it.

1. I use Frescobaldi.

Wow. I missed this somehow. I can see why you use absolute values exclusively, Kieren. I'm almost exclusively transcribing and transposing fiddle tunes. I do a lot of entry from sheet music, and do a lot of proofreading, then transposing. Not terribly complicated, but valuable to me. Relative entry works much better for me than absolute entry. I can input the tune in treble clef, proofread it, and transpose to alto clef with fewer than 10 keystrokes.

All the best,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer