Re: who is behind omet.ca [I am]

From: Mike Blackstock
Subject: Re: who is behind omet.ca [I am]
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 10:03:45 -0400

Hi there. My apologies for not responding earlier...it seems gmail is 'hiding' lilypond-user messages and I haven't been seeing them.

I've been maintaining omet.ca for over 10 years, but I don't promote it, hence the absence
of an 'impressum' or 'about page'. The 'about page' is on my personal site: https://blackstock.media

re: "First having to register before knowing anything about what the site provides looks most suspicious"

I agree... it should have a landing page like the one at blackstock.media - with an
option to register right in the page.

re: "There is no https://omet.ca to refer to either"

omet.ca is just a redirect to ide.omet.ca... that was a quick fix to deal with
a technical issue I was having

The platform being used is 'os-js'  (https://www.os-js.org/) and it's the perfect
platform for developing a 'cloud Frescobaldi', as someone mentioned. Its
developer Anders Evanrud is aware of omet and has been keen to implement
features that I've suggested.

re. "heavy computing.ca" - that's the VPS service I'm using for some of the
things I do. It's located in Toronto Canada, in the so-called 'telco hotel' on Front St.

The compilation server is located in my own studio... i want to be able to keep
a close eye on it to see what kinds of load are placed on it when scores are
being compiled.

Cheers,
Mike