Re: Percent repeat signs do not scale correctly with magnifyStaff

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: Percent repeat signs do not scale correctly with magnifyStaff
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 19:52:48 +0200

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 at 08:22, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

Le 16/04/2021 à 23:19, Peter Crighton a écrit :
> when using \magnifyStaff it seems as though the dots of a percent
> repeat sign will scale accordingly, but not the slash. I cannot
> imagine this is expected behaviour.
>
> \version "2.23.2"
> {
>   \magnifyStaff 0.5
>   \repeat percent 2 {
>     c'1
>   }
> }
>
> I also could not find any method to manually override the slash size.
> Any ideas?

This definitely looks like a bug. Please file an issue on GitLab at
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues.

As a workaround, override PercentRepeat.thickness:

\version "2.22.0"

{
   \magnifyStaff 0.5
   \override PercentRepeat.thickness = 0.25
   \override DoublePercentRepeat.thickness = 0.25
   \repeat percent 2 { c'1 }
}

I filed a bug report.
The workaround, however, is not really sufficient as it only thins the slash, but it needs to be reduced in height as well. It should only cover the two middle staff-spaces.

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de