Re: Examples for centered bar numbers

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Examples for centered bar numbers
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 13:18:51 +0200

Le 17/04/2021 à 17:29, Kieren MacMillan a écrit :

Hi Jean,

In film scores, bar numbers are centered in the measure between the two bar
lines.
I have a patch nearly ready to implement this feature in LilyPond.
Looking forward to seeing how you accomplished it!

Here you go:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/731

If you have scores that use this convention, it would be helpful if you could
send a picture of one page, so that I can adjust the font size and padding
before sending the patch for formal review.
Unfortunately, there’s no standard: some are boxed, some not; some are grey,
some black; etc. I’d say just make them bigg-ish and grey, with a padding of
~5, and get the patch out there!

Okay, thanks. I'd prefer not making them grey actually:
that would be a first time for a non-black default in
LilyPond, and I have bad experience with the reproducibility
of grey shades across printers.

Other than that, I made them sensibly bigger than the usual
bar numbers as you proposed, and went with a padding of 4.

Please test and comment!

Regards,
Jean