Re: Prevent lyrics from running over bar lines

From: Vladimír Slávik
Subject: Re: Prevent lyrics from running over bar lines
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 17:40:21 +0200 (CEST)

Leo, thank you, that did it!

And of course that was also the place to put the override for lyrics alignment, so that's solved (for me) too.

Best,
Vladimir

Hi Vladimir!

You can include these lines in a layout block:

%%%%%%%%
\layout {
\context {
\Lyrics
\consists "Bar_engraver"
\consists "Separating_line_group_engraver"
\hide BarLine
%%%%%%%%

(Its also possible to put the consists and hide in a \with statement in each lyric block, but is seems clumsier to me)
More about it can be read here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics

HTH
/Leo