Re: convert-ly

From: tim
Subject: Re: convert-ly
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 09:31:09 -0400

On 30 May 2021 at 17:50, JxStarks wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
>
> I read that documentation and tried it. I'm running Windows 10 Pro,
> 10.0.19041 and I still get the
> same response: " 'convert-ly is not recognized...". Am I missing something
> obvious?

I think so. The name of the file is convert-ly.py, so (to me anyway) it's
perfectly reasonable
that the OS can't find the file without the extension.

When you type a command, the OS will look for a file of that name with any of
several
extensions that it knows about: *.exe, *.bat, *.cmd,*.lnk that sort of thing.
It doesn't know
about the *.py extension, so you have to type it in as part of the command.

--
Tim Slattery
tim@risingdove.com