Re: lilypond coding problem

From: ming tsang
Subject: Re: lilypond coding problem
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 06:13:37 -0400

Dear Moinard and Knute
Thank you for the tips on \hideNotes and \unHideNotes.
I coded 35 bars using \hidesNotes, only 4 bars need the \unHideNotes. I discovered this while coding.  I have no idea.  When I saw missing notes (even though I had coded in) I used \unHideNotes.
Question:
1.  Do \hideNotes and \unHideNotes must be used in pairs?
2.  How can I pass the nide note in using variables? ie hn = *3/4 (\hideNotes d8)
      in my code I use  f,2\hn
Thank you very much for your help.
Ming Tsang