Re: Small note within a chord

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Small note within a chord
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:37:26 +0000

From: lilypond-user <lilypond-user-bounces+carl.d.sorensen=gmail.com@gnu.org> on behalf of Ralph Palmer <palmer.r.violin@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, July 11, 2021 at 9:26 AM
Subject: Small note within a chord

Greetings -

And thanks for all your work and help.

I'm trying to produce a chord with one note reduced in size, as in the attached. I've searched the LilyPond documentation and the LilyPond Snippet Repository, but haven't found an answer.

Notation reference 5.3.4 shows that you need to use \tweak to change the properties of one note in a chord:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/notation/the-tweak-command

The internals reference shows that NoteHead grobs support the font-interface, which has a font-size property

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/internals/font_002dinterface

So, one can do

{<c' \tweak font-size #-2 e' g'>}

HTH,