lilypond-user

Book structure

From: John McWilliam
Subject: Book structure
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 19:50:20 +0200

I have been working on a Collection of Scottish bagpipe music. Each tune (PIECE) consists of:

  1. Ground (basic melody)
  2. Variations (usually up to maximum four).

My strategy has been to create each individual section (ground & variations) within its own score and with its own header. This has worked well for me and given me a satisfactory result.

My problem is when I try to gather these tunes into a book. Here the result is scrambled and I suspect it may have something to do with my basic structure. I enclose a simplified (I hope!) rendering of “A” the structure of each tune, and “B” my book module structure.

If anyone would like to comment on thisI would be most grateful.

John McWilliam

Sent from Mail for Windows 10