lilypond-user

Re: Book structure

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Book structure
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 23:14:38 +0200

On Tue, Jul 13 2021 at 19:50:20 +0200, John McWilliam <jsmcwilliam@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been working on a Collection of Scottish bagpipe music. Each tune (PIECE) consists of:

Ground (basic melody)Variations (usually up to maximum four).

My strategy has been to create each individual section (ground & variations) within its own score and with its own header. This has worked well for me and given me a satisfactory result.

My problem is when I try to gather these tunes into a book. Here the result is scrambled and I suspect it may have something to do with my basic structure. I enclose a simplified (I hope!) rendering of “A” the structure of each tune, and “B” my book module structure.

If anyone would like to comment on thisI would be most grateful.

John McWilliam

Hard to tell by looking at your attachment.
I suggest you write a minimal example to show the problem.

My guess is that in this situation you should:

- place the music/variables in some .ily files (to be included) with no \score or \header blocks - use .ly files to create a single file and another .ly file to create the book. Each of them will include the needed .ily files and use \score and \header blocks.