Re: Testers wanted

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: Testers wanted
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 01:42:44 +0200

On 13.07.21 22:54, Knut Petersen wrote:

Hi everybody,

below you find links to four lilypond installers. These installers contain LilyPond version git ee4513cb238cc (2.23.4) plus an additional patch that implements a new backend based on cairo. All installers were built with a modified version of GUB. Cairo 1.16.0 with Pixman 0.40 are used to produce  the output files.

I fixed the two reported bugs (invalid use of /dev/null on windows, incorrect handling of a cid keyed font collection ttc) and built new installers (git master 2151499a7ca + cairo backend patch):

Mac OS X 10.4–10.14, Intel x86 CPU, 32 bit

Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10

GNU/Linux x86, 32 bit

GNU/Linux 64, 64 bit

I tested the Linux installers, but I own neither a Windows nor a Mac OS X system. It would be nice if some people could test the installers and the lilypond system they provide. I'm especially interested in answers to the following questions:

How to test:

Select the desired output formats by any combination of the '--pdf', '--ps', '--png' and '--svg' command line options and add -dbackend=cairo'. The '--svg' option must precede  the '-dbackend=cairo' option.

If the cairo backend is selected lilypond produces output files with cairo.ps, cairo.pdf, cairo.png and cairo.svg extensions.

Features:

Known problems / limitations:

Knut