lilypond-user

Re: how to create the same appearance of a full-measure rest in spite of

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: Re: how to create the same appearance of a full-measure rest in spite of time signature?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:57:30 -0700

Well, that was stupid of me :-(

I replaced, in the current engraving, "r2." with "R2.".

It works as I had desired.

Sorry for the noise.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 6:53 PM Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

  I have many engravings for various time signatures of 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 6/4 3/8 6/8, etc.

  I would like single full-measure rests to have the same appearance independent of the time signature.

  Apparently other music scoring software applications have this ability.

  I thought at first that I could use "R" to do this without any duration, but doing that does not work.

  I looked at Learning, Notation and Snippets; I did not find what I was looking for.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott