lilypond-user

Writing multiple version of the same melodies

From: Francesco Petrogalli
Subject: Writing multiple version of the same melodies
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 20:17:38 +0200

Hi lilyponders,

I have written a modification to a piece of mine in which I provide
variations for some of the parts:

https://github.com/fpetrogalli/beppe-e-fiore/pull/2

For the following instruments:

clarinet 1 and 2, contralto 1 and 2, tenor, euphonium

The score has two versions, one that uses tuplets and one that does
not use tuples (tuplets over 2/4 are not easy to march in a band).

The issue I have is that, although I marked the alternative parts as
"alignAboveContext" [1], the small staff is printed above the
correspondent staff only in the conductor score but not in the
individual parts. [2]

I am also unable to print the key symbols in the small variation
parts. All the flats/sharps are rendered inside the measures instead
of being specified in the beginning of the staff.

Legalese: please notice that the score is under CC-BY-SA, so I will
assume that by replying with a solution you are happy for me to
include it in the code (maybe I am being too formal, but better safe
than sorry!)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Francesco

[1]