Re: incipits

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: incipits
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 19:10:45 +0200

Le 04/08/2021 à 03:37, Kees van den Doel a écrit :
I have a score with different key signatures in the voices. The incipit does not align properly as the flat takes space and shifts things. See attached. I've simply added the incipits to each voice as in the example in the docs.

I've tried adding key signature to top incipit voice and setting
  \once \override KeySignature.transparent = ##t
but this does not hide the flat.

\override without a context applies to the bottommost context,
which is a MensuralVoice in this case. The KeySignature object
is created in MensuralStaff, so the \override does not reach
it. This will hide the key signature:

\override MensuralStaff.KeySignature.transparent = ##t

However, the transparent property is meant to hide objects
but keep them taking space. To remove an object, rather
set stencil:

\override MensuralStaff.KeySignature.stencil = ##f

This can be shortened as

\omit MensuralStaff.KeySignature

(whereas the first override would be equivalent to
\hide MensuralStaff.KeySignature).

Please see

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/learning/visibility-and-color-of-objects#the-stencil-property

and

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/visibility-of-objects

Maybe related I would like to hide the mensural time signature as it's not in the original. Again
  \override TimeSignature.transparent = ##t
has no effect.

Similarly, you want

\omit MensuralStaff.TimeSignature

Best,