Re: Composing workflow

From: ebenezer
Subject: Re: Composing workflow
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 10:54:04 +0100

Hi mark,

This is exactly what I do - edit text, output midi, import in to Reaper. I use a couple of scripts to copy files around but otherwise that's it.

On 2021-08-19 09:33, Mark Probert wrote:
Hi.

Sorry if this has been done to death, but I was unable to find a
consolidated source of information. My question is a simple one at
heart: How do you, as a composer of new music, setup your Lilypond
workflow?

When using a graphic environment, complete with midi player, it is all
rather obvious. With a text-based version a little less so, I'm
finding. I can do it in a simple way--produce a pdf and midi file, open
the midi in Reaper, etc.--but I'm wondering if people have a more
elegant solution without losing the core of what I like about LP (the
text interface).

TIA .. mark.