Re: Adjusting horizontal space from notehead to bar line

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Adjusting horizontal space from notehead to bar line
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 18:52:06 +0200

On 23 Aug 2021, at 17:42, Matthew Fong <oxengen@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello fellow Lilyponders,

I'm looking around the documentation on NoteHead to Barline spacing, and I'm not finding much? Any pointers will be helpful.

My goal is to add a bit more space from the first note to the last Barline, for every measure. It seems a bit too close even with the staff size and LyricText size I am using. For example, the F for 'splen' in third measure, or the A for 'Life' after the double bar.

Many thanks,
mattfong

<NoteheadSpacingToBarline.png>

Matthew,

Never played with layout tweaking myself, but gut feel is you should be able to achieve extra spacing with modification of the space-alist of the barline (spacing for 'first-note' and/or 'next-note')

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.22/Documentation/internals/barline

kind regards,
Hans