Re: how to not specify midi instrument?

From: Kees van den Doel
Subject: Re: how to not specify midi instrument?
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 15:06:14 -0700

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 3:00 PM Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi Tom,

Tom Sgouros <tomfool@as220.org> schrieb am Sa., 28. Aug. 2021, 23:47:
Hello all:

The Frescobaldi people pointed their fingers back at Lilypond, of course. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to convert a Midi file into human-readable events so I can show them there is no Program Change event in the file? All the Midi programs I know about are altogether too user-friendly for that kind of detail.

MidiQuickFix.jarĀ

On Linux, there is midicsv which does exactly what you describe.

Lukas