Re: eps file

From: ming tsang
Subject: Re: eps file
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 13:33:59 -0400

Hi I just tried replacing  / with \ and the result is the same.
Shalom,
Ming
image.png

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 10:20 AM David Wright <lilylis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
On Thu 02 Sep 2021 at 07:07:15 (-0400), ming tsang wrote:
> Hi David Wright and Valentin Petzel:
> Thank you both for helping.
> I did a (#display version) + move the eps file to a directory does not
> contain space on the names.
> Here is the screen capture from frecobaldi v2.3.3.
> [image: image.png]

I would try using / instead of \ in the path specifications that you
use in filenames that are read by programs (ie LilyPond/Frescobaldi).
You might find that programs have been (sensibly) interpreting each \
as escaping the next character, and thereby generating a weird filename.

AIUI Windows is quite happy to use / as a path separator internally,
just not at the commandline. Microsoft's use of \ in DOS paths was a
well-intentioned hack that led to hell.

>From the "Processing C:…" message, I presume that the colon in C:
causes no trouble.

Cheers,