Re: Increasing vertical distance between chord names and notes/staves

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Increasing vertical distance between chord names and notes/staves
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 17:59:16 +0200

Hi Ralph,

Am 05.09.21 um 17:45 schrieb Ralph Palmer:
I would like to increase the space between the chord names and the highest notes or top staff lines. I've looked in the LilyPond Snippets and in the Snippets Repository, and can't find anything that helps. I'm guessing it's a setting in spacing or padding, but I can't figure out which setting.

If the distance should be measured from the chord names to the highest notes, as you describe, then .padding is the property you want to use:

\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding = 2
    } \Chords
    \new Staff \Tune

}

Lukas