Re: Realigning rests

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: Realigning rests
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 10:15:50 +0200

Hello Kira,

From your code I see that the problem stems from the line
\override Staff.Rest #'staff-position = #0

Here you basically force Lilypond to put all following rests onto the middle
line. I guess you’re doing this to merge the common rests. Note that doing
this messes with the dots on dotted rests. Because Lilypond will try to
display both dots, so it will put one dot above and one beneath the line.

If you use Lilypond 2.20 or higher you can add a merge rest engraver to the
staff that will automatically do the merging for you. In your case I’d suggest
you to override the position only for the rests that are affected and hide one
of the rests (or you can also replace it with a skip).

Cheers,
Valentin