Removing dynamics from PartCombined staff

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Removing dynamics from PartCombined staff
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:44:14 +0100

I'm using PartCombine for the first time to produce a piano reduction, and have found a slight problem. Because the dynamics are a bit complex I want to remove them from the piano part, but adding \remove "Dynamic_engraver" to each piano staff has no effect. What am I doing wrong please?

\version "2.22.1"

\language "english"

soprano = {

  {    c''2\p  }

}

alto =  {  c'\f }

Stext = \lyricmode {  Sop }

Atext =  \lyricmode {  Alt }

\score {

  <<

    \new ChoirStaff <<

      \new Staff <<

        \new Voice = "soprano"

        {  \soprano }

      \new Lyrics  \lyricsto "soprano" \Stext

      \new Staff  <<

        \new Voice = "alto"

        {  \alto }

      \new Lyrics  \lyricsto "alto" \Atext

\new PianoStaff

    <<

      \new Staff \with {

        \magnifyStaff #5/7

        \remove "Dynamic_engraver"

      }

      <<

        \set Staff.printPartCombineTexts = ##f

        \partCombine

        <<  \soprano >>

        <<  \alto >>

  \layout { \context {

    \Score

    \override DynamicText.direction = #UP

    \override DynamicLineSpanner.direction = #UP

Regards,

Peter

mailto:lilypond@ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com