Re: musicXML: 2 staves, piano

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: musicXML: 2 staves, piano
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:07:21 +0200

Am Sa., 25. Sept. 2021 um 16:24 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra
<jean@abou-samra.fr>:

> Hi Harm,
>
> Le 24/09/2021 à 22:52, Thomas Morley a écrit :
> > I was tempted to offer a very high bounty to get a working xml-export.
> > Alas, we already have
> > https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/665 and the there
> > offered bounties are not that low ...
>
> Out of curiosity, what would be your own use case for MusicXML export?
>
> Cheers,
> Jean

Hi Jean,

I need to collaborate with colleagues owning various music-typesetting
software, mostly Sibelius and Finale.

I'd love to tell them "Use LilyPond and all will be fine", but as long
as LilyPond is a dead end with regard to xml-export this is a
showstopper.

The other one is the missing Mac-64-bit support, I know it's possible
to get LilyPond there, but reading the threads explaning the howto, I
have to say it's way to complicated. My collegues are musicians not
interested in solving computer-issues. If something is not working
out-of-the-box, people will trash it and look for something else...

Cheers,
  Harm