Scheme function names

From: David Zelinsky
Subject: Scheme function names
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 12:55:55 -0400

I'm trying get some facility with Scheme in Lilypond.  One thing I
haven't found in the manual is an explanation of naming conventions for
built-in scheme functions.  Specifically, why do some of them have names
starting with "ly:" and others don't?  Can someone explain this, and/or
point me to where in the manual it is explained?

-David