Re: responses in hymn tunes?

From: Kira Garvie
Subject: Re: responses in hymn tunes?
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 17:47:55 -0400

I added the repeat voltas to the response, but now I have extra barlines!

On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 5:39 PM Karlin High <karlinhigh@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/2/2021 4:18 PM, Kira Garvie wrote:
> how to add a tenor response within the repeat of a hymn tune when there
> is also a response in the verses.

You are doing work for or from hymnary.org? Nice!

The song you have there is one I learned around age 6 in school, from
this thing:

<https://hymnary.org/hymn/CSSH1902/330>

So my response is a little incautious, thinking I know exactly what's
needed, and may stand for some correction.

TenorResponse = \lyricmode {

   \repeat unfold 11 { \skip 1 }

   Send the light! Send the light!

    \repeat unfold 11 { \skip 1 }

    Send the light! Send the light!

    % BEGIN SUGGESTION
    Send the light the bless -- ed gos -- pel light.
    Let it shine
    From shore to shore
    Let it shine
    For -- ev -- er -- more