Re: Lilypond is now on Homebrew for macOS Mojave or higher (Intel or M1)

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Lilypond is now on Homebrew for macOS Mojave or higher (Intel or M1)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 12:28:37 +0200

Le 05/10/2021 à 11:48, Jefferson Felix a écrit :
I asked lilypond-devel before merging lilypond into homebrew, and they didn't notice known bugs with guile 2 - they already fixed all known issues.

The Guile 2 transition is an effort that has spanned 10
years or so and taken a lot of pain. Think “Python 2 to
Python 3”. That we didn't notice the bugs doesn't mean
there aren't a couple of them remaining out there.

Using Guile 2 does also require some adjustments to user
Scheme code. Plus the startup time is not very pleasant
when you don't do byte-compilation, which has only become
possible in the current development series.

Get me right: it's super nice that Homebrew is providing 64-bit
LilyPond binaries, even with Guile 2. I just want to
concur with Lukas and warn that not all may be perfect
yet. If you experience undesired behavior, please report
it to the bug-lilypond list. If you make any bug report
and you are using a version of LilyPond running Guile 2,
it might be a good idea to mention it.

Thanks,
Jean