Re: \transpose question

From: Mark Probert
Subject: Re: \transpose question
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 14:19:34 +1100

David wrote:

>> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Transpose the two halves of the melody separately,
> the first half c to d, the second half cis to ees.

This is part of the problem with the "pared down snippet" approach, or
rather, my original explanation of the problem. In reality, my problem
is more complicated. I am attempting to create a "practice book" for
various brass/woodwind instruments, so:

 + I have an exercise that goes through 12 keys: c-cis-d...bes-b

 + I want to use a single source for transposition to 3 keys: c, d, and
a (essentially concert, bes, and ees). The exercise are identical apart
from the key (the backing track is at a fixed pitch and I don't have
the ability to change it in any meaningful way).

Unfortunately, I suspect I am going to need to create a separate
edition for each transposition, but I hoped there would be a short cut.

Thank you!
  .. m.