Re: Christian Wolff score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Christian Wolff score
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 09:33:28 -0400

Hi,

> Thanks for the hints! But I'am afraid that goes way to far over my lilypond
> abilities.
> So I'am hoping someone have a more ready-to-use solution..?

Here’s a solution using a Rest.stencil override:

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.21.2"

wedge = {
  \override Rest.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \override Rest.text = \markup \fontsize #4 \bold "^"
  \override Rest.staff-position = #-4
  \override Rest.extra-spacing-width = #'(1 . 2)
}

{ c'4 \wedge r4 c'' g' }
%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

Whether or not you choose that one — as opposed to, say, the BreathingSign
suggestion — depends on how much you want to play with the timing of the score.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info