Override start of figured bass continuation line

From: Jon Arnold
Subject: Override start of figured bass continuation line
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 13:29:33 -0500

Hi folks-

I have some figured bass continuation lines like this:
\set Staff.implicitBassFigures = #'(99)
\bassFigureExtendersOn
<99> q8
My teacher is asking me to move the start of it over to the right (but not move the end of it). How can I do this with an override? I know I can do:
s16 <99> q8
but this affects note spacing in a conspicuous way that I don't like (see attached image).

What's the property to override to increase the start of the line in X direction.

Thanks!

Jon