small caps in title

From: type
Subject: small caps in title
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 10:42:01 -0700

I have a quick question about formatting a title in small caps in Lilypond.
Although I can format scoreTitleMarkup with the usual \bold and \italic for
markups, I am having trouble getting \smallCaps (or \caps) to work with a title
retrieved by \fromproperty. The \smallCaps works fine elsewhere in the
scoreTitleMarkup, but not on the title that I am retrieving with \fromproperty
#'header:title. A tiny example is below (between the equals signs). I
appreciate any assistance that anyone can provide.

I do know that I could provide the \smallCaps markup when I set the title, but
I may want to display the title in different ways in different parts of the
score, so I don't want to hard code the formatting into its definition.

And since this is my first post to the list, I'd also like to thank everyone on
the Lilypond team for producing and maintaining such an amazing scoring tool,
and also those helpful people who reply to people's questions on the
lilypond-user list. I have learned a lot from reading the emails that I get on
this list!

Thanks,

Jay

\version "2.22.1"

\paper {
  scoreTitleMarkup = \markup {
                \fill-line { \bold \italic \fromproperty #'header:title
                             \smallCaps "Small caps work"
                             \smallCaps \fromproperty #'header:title

\header { title = "The title" }

{ a b c }