Re: Changing fingers while holding key down

From: Kira Garvie
Subject: Re: Changing fingers while holding key down
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 14:22:04 -0400

I don’t think it’s necessarily one is modern or not, probably depends on country of origin and publisher/edition. I see both quite frequently, but personally when I write it out in my scores I use the hyphen because you can make it as long as the value over which the substation takes place.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 2:16 PM Knute Snortum <ksnortum@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 10:10 AM Kira Garvie <kgarvie@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don’t know if this will help, but another way to notate that is simply a hyphen between the two fingerings, if you have space to have that. It might be easier to notate?

I've notated that this way:

    \markup { \finger "2-3" }

I don't know which is the more "modern" way of notating this.

--
Knute Snortum