Re: 3 questions

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Re: 3 questions
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 16:37:15 -0400

I'm just a beginner, and have used MuseScore a little in the past. It
suited my needs then (and probably will again).

However, I've switched to LilyPond in order to transcribe a lot of
music from a 331-page PDF that was produced by scanning a rather
dilapidated book from 1928.  The book contains gobs of text talking
about the history of the folk song collectors of the day (and earlier)
followed by lots of short songs.  Since I am already comfy with the
Sphinx documentation system, I was pleased to discover the Sphinx
LilyPond extension, which allows me to embed the LilyPond scores, and,
since I really don't read music well at all, I can "cheat" by having
the generated HTML include audio tracks beneath each score.

I'm in the very, very, very early stages of this, having completed wee
little song #3 of well over 100 songs. And once done -- if ever --
could probably stand a lot of touch up from people with more LilyPond
/ general music typesetting skills. Meanwhile, it will keep me off the
streets and out of trouble. ;-) Nah. ;-)

----

* Sphinx Document Generator - https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/
* Sphinx Extension for LilyPond - https://sphinx-notes.github.io/lilypond/