Re: Sending around contexts

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Sending around contexts
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 11:56:22 +0200

Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> writes:

> Hi Valentin (et al.),
>
>  This is looking marvellous!
>
> Agreed! This is the kind of mechanism I’ve been seeking for quite a
> while now. Beyond the obvious (dynamics), I have lots of applications:
> sending text/markup “past” an intervening context; sharing items
> amongst a subset of contexts; etc.
>
> My *big* question is: Can notes be pushed *with timing
> synchronization* between context?

Without storing events, how would it even be possible without timing
synchronisation?  Iteration happens in time order.  Well, apart from
grace timing quirks.

> Can this kind of mechanism be used to [easily] engrave scores like the
> following?

There is no "easily" in such scores.  The question is rather whether you
encounter problems doing such scores where particular tools can simplify
the work of creating the input.  For that one first has to develop an
input process and see what problems are "hard" in that context.

--
David Kastrup