Re: Trying to get the hang of "Polyphony with Shared Lyrics" section of

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: Trying to get the hang of "Polyphony with Shared Lyrics" section of the manual.
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 15:57:45 -0500

Again, much thanks. I would not have known this without your post. The Documentation page you reference clearly shows use of the "older" type of temporary polyphonic context and in the text explicitly mentions its use for lyric continuation. Yet doing so does require the use of \skip1 in lyrics (which fact I've complained of on this list in the past) given other internal changes to LP.

I am very happy to have a solution. Of course, now I have to remember to explictly created named voices so they can be reverenced at need. But that doesn't seem to onerous a burden given the utility.

Regards.

P.S. Kevin - use Lukas-Fabian's code to solve your lyric placement problem. It's "modern"  and had the advantage that future code edits that may add or remove music may not also require you to add or remove the \skip1 in your lyrics (which, I confess, can be a right PITA).