Re: Trying to get the hang of "Polyphony with Shared Lyrics" section of

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Re: Trying to get the hang of "Polyphony with Shared Lyrics" section of the manual.
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 17:51:08 -0400

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 4:53 PM Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> wrote:

> > I'll probably keep the \noBeam rather than the \autoBeamOff, since I'm
> > trying to faithfully reproduce the original, as much as I can.

> Non sequitur (I think).
>
> Consider:
>
> \version "2.22"
> \language "english"
>
> \relative {
>    \time 3/4
>    \key d \major
>    d'8\noBeam d e16( fs) g8\noBeam a\noBeam fs
>    g8.\noBeam a16 b8.\noBeam g16 a8\noBeam fs
> }
> \addlyrics {
>    Go where glo -- ry waits thee,
>    But, while fame e -- lates thee,
> }
>
> \relative {
>    \time 3/4
>    \key d \major
>    \autoBeamOff
>    d'8 d e16([ fs)] g8 a fs
>    g8. a16 b8. g16 a8 fs
> }
> \addlyrics {
>    Go where glo -- ry waits thee,
>    But, while fame e -- lates thee,
> }

Ah. I see what you're saying. I had to go back and look at the
original score to realize that the only time there's beaming is when
there's a slur -- with one spot where the author / typesetter forgot a
slur -- I think: "gem" in measure 13 looks like it wants a slur, and
that's an alteration I'll make.