Re: Windows Media Player alternatives for midi playing?

From: Martín Rincón Botero
Subject: Re: Windows Media Player alternatives for midi playing?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 10:46:11 +0200

Hola Pablo,

I assume you don't use Frescobaldi. For playing back midis I use that (even though I don't compose there). In all my composing projects I have a midi.ly file with a score block that only produces midi (only a midi block with no layout block), and uses also the articulate script. You just need to have include files for everything you do and recompile the midi.ly file in Frescobaldi everytime you want to hear the changes (and this recompilation takes a matter of miliseconds!).

The midi.ly file can look as simple as

\include "articulate.ly"

\score {
\new StaffGroup