Re: LilyPond 2.23.3 installer on MacOS 11

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.23.3 installer on MacOS 11
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 15:54:07 +0100

> On 1 Nov 2021, at 11:33, Thomas Scharkowski <t.scharkowski@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Am 31.10.2021 um 18:36 schrieb Hans Åberg <haberg-1@telia.com>:
>>

>>> On 31 Oct 2021, at 11:43, Thomas Scharkowski <t.scharkowski@t-online.de>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, I have installed this version on a fresh MacOS 12  and get this error
>>> message:
>>
>> I have made an installer using MacPorts directly on MacOS 12; see separate
>> post.
>>

> I get the same error with this one.

I can reproduce the error, both with the installer version and the regular
MacPorts version, if the environment variable PATH is not properly set.

For the installer, it works with:
export
PATH=/opt/lilypond/bin:/opt/lilypond/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11/bin

And for the MacPorts version, it works with:
export
PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11/bin

The trailing directories are what comes with the MacOS installation.

To see the error in both variants, installer and MacPorts, it suffices to set
to use the system searchpaths only:
export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11/bin