Re: Manipulating instrument names and staff group names

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Manipulating instrument names and staff group names
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 00:10:32 +0100

Le 01/11/2021 à 21:41, Kieren MacMillan a écrit :
Hi Harm,

attached code hacks Instrument.Y-offset.
This is a proof of concept, please test thoroughly before using it in serious
work.
Nice! This definitely solves the basic problem nicely.

Lukas sent me [off-list] a totally different solution that was also excellent.

Maybe we can/should discuss the pros and cons of each approach — and others, if
they’re offered — with an eye to eventually submitting a patch…?

I don't know what Lukas proposed. For a new feature
added to LilyPond proper, I don't see a way around
the good old methods: define two new grobs and an
engraver to create them.

Best,
Jean