Re: LilyPond website is not available in some countries

From: Kevin Cole
Subject: Re: LilyPond website is not available in some countries
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 16:08:57 -0400

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 3:55 PM Hans Aikema <hans.aikema@aikebah.net> wrote:

> Refering to the search box that IS already using https when you opted to
> browse the website using https?
> I consider it perfectly fine that the website offers an http search option
> when browsing the site with http, considering that it doesn't concern any
> privacy sensitive information.
> You should teach manners to your webbrowser.

lilypond.org is the only site I've encountered that appears to have
this problem. Once in a while for other sites I encounter an expired
certificate, but that problem usually goes away in a day or two after
they get around to renewing their certificate(s). With lilypond.org,
it seems that it's always a crap shoot as to whether or not I'll get
the complaint from the browser. Since the problem seemed unique to
lilypond.org, I didn't consider it to be a browser problem.  (Maybe
it's simply that the vast cache of Google, Duck-Duck-Go, et al, is
constantly offering up the "http" version as a starting point or some
such, as the first match...)