Re: Tweaking an ottava bracket after a break

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Tweaking an ottava bracket after a break
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 15:00:11 -0700

On 2021-11-06 2:45 pm, Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote:
Since #'(1 7) is a list of numbers, you could write it this way:

%%%%
\relative {
  \alterBroken padding 1,7 Staff.OttavaBracket
  \ottava 1 c''''1 \break
  c2 2
}
%%%%

Right, thanks! I had a feeling there was a way to do this using dak's
syntax enhancements but couldn't remember what it was...

But it seems to work only for integer numbers, if I'm not mistaken?

I believe that's correct... specifically, I think it's a key-list? which supports non-negative integers and symbols.

%%%%
foo = #(define-scheme-function (arg) (key-list?)
  (format #f "arg=~s" arg))

\markup $#{ \foo 1,2,3 #}
\markup $#{ \foo one.two.three #}
\markup $#{ \foo abc.123,xyz #}