Exclude staves from keep-alive-together

From: David Stephen Grant
Subject: Exclude staves from keep-alive-together
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 10:54:29 +0000

Hi all,

Can individual staves in eg. a StaffGroup with \consists "Keep_alive_together_engraver" be excluded from keep-alive-together?

I'm aware of VerticalAxisGroup.remove-layer which possibly does what I need it to, but this morning I can't wrap my head around it in the attached example.

- Empty staves for player 1, 2a and 3a should only be removed when the whole group is empty (system 3).
But:
- 2b should also be removed on the second system
- 3b should also be removed on both the first and second system.

Thanks!