Re: Help

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Help
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 08:50:31 -0500

Hi Leonid,

> it is VERY concerning

I'm not sure that most people agree with your emphasis here…

> that even then the section on modern notation was empty at that time - and
> remains empty today, in spite of that the whole army of programmers works for
> LilyPond. Do you see any explanation of it?

There is no 'army of programmers' who 'work for Lilypond' — there is only a
pool of users, some of whom are more technically savvy and motivated than
others. And most of those people (users and developers) use Lilypond for its
original purpose: to engrave music of the "European common practice period"
(say, pre-1900).

Those of us who want "modern" notation need to step up and contribute the code
ourselves, or (less likely) convince one of the existing developers of its
necessity.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.