Re: "abbreviations" as found in a Rubanks Intermediate Method book

From: Kenneth Wolcott
Subject: Re: "abbreviations" as found in a Rubanks Intermediate Method book
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 22:21:01 -0800

Hi Carl;

  When I try this tremolo with the colons, it displays fine, but midi
sounds as if there is no abbreviation. Of course, I see that the colon
syntax is not supported for midi with Lilypond.

  So I try the same with the \repeat tremolo syntax, it displays fine,
but the midi sounds as if there is no abbreviation.  It does say that
midi should be supported by the \repeat tremolo syntax, but I'm not
experiencing that.

  So, what am I doing wrong? (Mac, Apple Silicon, homebrew Lilypond).

Thanks,
Ken

GNU LilyPond 2.22.1
Processing `abbreviations.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Interpreting music...
MIDI output to `abbreviations.midi'...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Converting to `abbreviations.pdf'...
Success: compilation successfully completed