Re: quoted tuplet bracket within staff

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: quoted tuplet bracket within staff
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 16:45:41 +0100

Lukas-Fabian Moser <lfm@gmx.de> writes:

>>> I never really understood the outside-staff behaviour, to be
>>> honest. It's well possible that there's an elegant solution that just
>>> tells LilyPond to go ahead and put the tuplet bracket into the staff.
>> Uh, that's what setting outside-staff-priority to #f does.
>
> Did I mention I never really understood it? :-) Thanks!
>
> But actually, I'm still at a loss, as
>
> \version "2.23.4"
>
> x = { r2 \tuplet 3/2 { g4 a b } }
>
> \addQuote "qx" \x
>
> {
>   r2 \cueDuring #"qx" #DOWN {
>     \override CueVoice.TupletBracket.direction = #UP
>     \override CueVoice.TupletBracket.outside-staff-priority = ##f
>
>     { r2 }
>   }
> }
>
> stills creates the attached image.

Well, you got the wrong property here.  outside-staff-priority tells how
to stack outside-staff objects with one another.  What you need here is

    \override CueVoice.TupletBracket.staff-padding = ##f

to stop TupletBracket from being shy of the staff itself, never mind
other outside-staff objects.

--
David Kastrup